We want you to know that your health and well-being is our top concern. In following recommendations provided by the CDC, we have implemented new protocols at each of our locations in order to protect the health of our patients and our team. Please know that we will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure that you are in a safe and healthy environment at all Williamson Eye Center locations.
For eye emergencies, please call 225-924-2020 and one of our on-call physicians will be able to assist you during all hours.
Current eye wear orders may be picked up on Tuesdays & Thursdays between the hours of 12pm and 2pm only. For your health and safety, please remain in your vehicle and an optician will assist you curbside. Our buildings are not open to patients or the public until further notice. Glasses adjustments, repairs and shopping is postponed until we can safely resume normal operations. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Need contact lenses shipped to your door? Call us at 225-924-2020 and we’ll be happy to assist you with this convenient service!
Please be advised of the following:
- In accordance with Louisiana government stay-at-home mandates, we are moving to an on-call, emergency-only basis. Our offices are closed for all regular business hours until further notice. If you have an appointment or surgery scheduled, you will be contacted to arrange a new date and time. Our team is contacting all patients to advise them of any changes in appointment or surgery times. If you have an upcoming appointment, please expect a call from us. Please call us at 225-924-2020 if you have not heard from a representative and have an appointment scheduled for the same or next day you are reading this.
- As ALWAYS, we are still here for you! You may call our offices during our normal business hours of Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm for questions, drop or medication refills, scheduling appointments, or anything else you may need. You can also take this opportunity to schedule a free virtual surgery consultation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us during this time.
- For emergency appointments, the following protocols are in effect:
- Every person who visits a Williamson Eye Center facility will be pre-screened before entry is allowed. This will include a temperature check and a brief health questionnaire. This applies to all patients, visitors and staff.
- Should you have a temperature of 99.9 degrees or higher, have any upper respiratory issues such as cough or shortness of breath, you will be asked to go to the nearest emergency room.
- Our physicans taking calls will also be pre-screening patients over the phone for these signs and symptoms in order to save you a trip should you need to be sent to the emergency room instead.
- We are limiting guests in our facilities. Unless absolutely necessary, we will ask that your guest wait in the car.
- Williamson Eye Center is also taking additional measures to maintain a healthy environment for everyone at all of our locations.
For local updates and information on how you can protect yourself, please visit the Louisiana Department of Health’s web page dedicated to the Coronavirus here: http://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/
Thank you for your cooperation and support during this time, we can all get through this by working together.
The Physicians and Team at Williamson Eye Center