Founder and Medical Director of Williamson Eye Center
Charles Williamson is a board certified ophthalmic surgeon and the medical/surgical director of the Williamson Eye Center. A former Academic All-American football player for at LSU, Dr. Williamson went on to become the second generation of eye doctors in a family that has taken care of eyes of Baton Rouge families for over 70 years. Dr. Williamson has been in practice for over 35 years.
Dr. Charles Williamson is one of the most experienced cataracts and refractive surgeons in the world today. He is a pioneer surgeon who helped develop clear corneal cataract surgery under topical anesthesia which is now the technique most often used throughout the world. Dr. Williamson is a noted lecturer who has taught thousands of surgeons and the world the art and science of modern cataract surgery. A noted author Dr. Williamson has published a number of articles, monographs and contributed to textbooks on both cataract and refractive surgery. He helped develop and founded the first outpatient surgery center for eye surgery in Louisiana and developed the first LASIK surgery center in the Baton Rouge area. Dr. Williamson remains at the forefront of Cataract Refractive and Refractive Eye Surgery. A nationally and internationally known eye surgeon, Dr. Williamson enjoys his hobbies of sailing, scuba diving, skiing and is an accomplished artist.
- Medical Degree, LSU-Shreveport, 1977
- Ophthalmology Residency, Birmingham Eye Foundation Hospital, 1981
- Board Certified Ophthalmology, 1982
- Member, Fellow American College of Surgeons, 1990
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University, School of Medicine
9001 Summa Avenue, Suite 245
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
550 Connell’s Park Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
2308 South Burnside Avenue
Gonzales, LA 70737